Alrighty alrighty!! So this post is a bit late lol, but I wanted to do a recap of my first full month as a freelancer. I’ve made some good progress but still have so much to do and learn. This next month I really want to set some goals and a vision for myself for 2018, but I figured starting with month-to-month progress reports will hold me accountable and force me to try and grow.
See below for a little recap of my month! I’ll try and do this regularly to help you guys and also to help me see how I’m growing and where I can improve.
If you need a bit of background on my journey to becoming a full-time freelancer, you can read my post here! I was so overwhelmed by how much love and support I received from you guys on sharing my story. It also inspired me that so many of you have been thinking about taking the leap to full-time freelancing and that many of you shared the same concerns and fears about it that I did.
Made Some Investments
- Healthcare UGH – $200/month
- Later (favorite & cheapest Instagram scheduling tool) – $90/year
- Website hosting – $110/year
- G-Suite for Email – $10.63/month
- Adobe Suite – $10.80/month (still on my student plan 😉 )
- PandaDoc (contract tool) – $29/month
- Freelancer Course – $349
- Office Furniture/Decor – $289
- Business Card Design – $80
- Business Card Printing (get 20% off on Moo cards here!) – $36
- Web Developer – $150
Total Investment: $1,353
- I added 6 new clients! Not all on monthly retainers, but some for social media coaching as well.
- Wrote 3 blog posts – this is a big area for improvement
- Bought a freelancer course
- Got 15 (!!) intern applicants
- I had my biggest month yet!!
- Pageviews – 4,580
- Increase in Visitors – 88%
- Posts With The Highest Views –
- My Eyebrow Microblading Experience & Aftercare Tips
- Skin Diaries: 4 Skincare Products To Invest In While In Your 20’s
- 10 Products To Help With Dry Skin On Accutane (73% of this traffic is from Pinterest!)
- Disclaimer: I realized shortly after the beginning of the month that my Google Analytics wasn’t tracking any stats, so these top posts going to be off by a bit 🙁 my other stats have come from JetPack, but it doesn’t offer stats on best posts for the month of November
- Affiliate Income – $28.48
- Email Subscribers – 20 lol
Collaborated With Brands:
- Enlightened ice cream
- PowerCrunch granola
- Java Java Coffee Co
- Artificer Wood Works
- Sudio Headphones
Collab Income – $0 lol
Total Income from Freelancing: $4,555
So I’m making it happen!! I have a lot of room for growth and improvement and definitely had days where I felt like I “wasn’t enough” and had anxiety about my whole situation. But I’m already feeling better about things this month and have a clearer vision for where I see things going.
If you have any questions about any of this or are interested in any of my social media services, fill out my form here and I’ll be in touch. Happy to help!
xx – bbooks