Hey guys! Happy February. If there was ONE thing that I got asked about this past month, it was how I created the “covers” on my Instagram story highlights! I my highlight covers last month in like less than 5 minutes at 2am lol and so I’ve finally thrown together a quick *video* tutorial (it’s my first ever YouTube video, so pls subscribe)!
I used a website (it also has an app, but it’s not as easy to use) called canva.com where you guys can also make these for FREE. Even the icons I used on my Instagram story highlight covers were free too.
Watch below for an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to make them, and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel here. Enjoy!
Brief Outline to Creating Instagram Story Highlight Covers:
- Go to canva.com
- Click Find Templates > Social Graphics > Pinterest Graphics
- Pick any template
- Clear out any text or images on the graphic
- Add an icon or “illustration”
- Type the Cover category
- Duplicate that graphic for the # of covers you’ll need
- Customize each cover’s icon and title to correspond with your category
- Download & upload to your Instagram stories
- Set as your Instagram story highlight covers!
Here are some other social media-related blog posts:
xx – Becca